Legal terms and conditions
Here are the simple rules of using the Freelancing.eu portal for members and visitors
We are an international community of independent professionals formed around trust and freedom as our core values. That is why we prefer to have only a few rules and to amend them as we grow:
- Each freelancer listed in the Freelancing.eu directory is solely responsible for the contents of their profile.
- Each profile is a business presentation on its own — a sort of microsite used by that particular businessperson to advertise themselves.
- Each profile is intended to be used for informational purposes only. If you are approaching any freelancer listed on Freelancing.eu, you are responsible for taking any and all the necessary precautions, as with any other type of online advertisement.
- Freelancing.eu and its owner does not monitor nor control any communication between freelancers listed in the directory and other parties (clients, customers, business partners, or members of the public), who always communicate with that freelancer directly.
- Freelancing.eu and its owner claims no responsibility to any person for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the information within Freelancing.eu.
- If you find a profile with outdated, incomplete, or inaccurate information, please contact that freelancer directly. If you find any profile that looks to be suspicious, misleading in its claims, violating any rights or regulations, please report it directly to our support.
- You can link freely to any page on Freelancing.eu without permission by using a standard hyperlink.
- Citing information from Freelancing.eu is allowed only with explicit permission from the rights-holder, whether it is one of our members (the contents of a member profile) or the owner of Freelancing.eu. Very short quotations of up to 2-3 sentences of text, that cite Freelancing.eu as the source, do not require permission.
- Freelancing.eu abides by the laws and regulations of the Czech Republic as a member of the European Union. All legal aspects of Freelancing.eu are governed by laws of the Czech Republic. Any potential disputes shall be proceeded and finally resolved by the courts of the Czech Republic, local jurisdiction of District Court of Brno-Country District.
EXTRA TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MEMBERS
- By purchasing a Freelancing.eu membership, you get your personal profile in our open directory of European freelancers, written and updated by our copywriter (or by yourself). A profile is published in the directory until the membership expires, with the membership period starting from the publication date. The membership also includes an option to set up your domain as an alias forwarded to your profile, access to occasional special offers & discounts, and various opportunities to connect with other European freelancers either directly through Freelancing.eu or by joining some of our events.
- You can only publish such content in your profile, that is yours or that you have full permission to use from the rights-owner (a client, collaborator, author, etc.). If you are not 100% sure whether you are allowed to use it or not, it is all the more reason to make sure to obtain the necessary permission.
- All updates to your profile made by our copywriter or customer support are included in the membership fee. So feel free to ask for any changes you need.
- The membership fee is paid in advance for the full time period, and it is non-refundable.
- If you decide, for any reason, to cancel your membership sooner than it expires, you can transfer the remaining time to another member (new or present), or you can exchange it for another Freelancing.eu service of a value proportional to the remaining membership period.
- Member profiles are published within 2 weeks after we receive the payment and the information needed to create the profile.
- We don’t do translations into English. We create your profile from the information you provide us with in English, which is generally the language needed for communicating with us or clients. Most profiles are written by our copywriter in plain and simple English so that they are clear for non-native English speakers.
- We always do basic proofreading, including checks with tools like MS Word and Grammarly. This may not always be 100% correct, but we will promptly correct any reported errors.
- Your public profile is shared with the public over the Internet. It can be accessed by anyone, indexed and stored by search engines like Google or Bing, shared on social media including a textual or visual preview, etc. There’s hardly any way to control how your profile’s contents are processed in the public domain, so please bear this in mind when creating your profile. As a rule of thumb, only publish information in your profile that publicly represents yourself and your business in the best manner and style possible.
- We only keep the data necessary to maintain your profile and meet any legal obligations like storing invoices, tax records, etc. These records can only be accessed by the authorized members of the Freelancing.eu core team or authorized tax advisors, and are never shared with any other third parties.
- We don’t track nor monitor individual members or visitors and their behavior on the Freelancing.eu website. In addition, we don’t store IP addresses of our members nor any other potentially sensitive personal information.
- As a member you will be getting a modest number of emails from us regarding events, website updates, important news, etc. We use email as a primary means of communication with Freelancing.eu members, while keeping the number of messages as low as possible.
- We reserve the right to turn down any application without an explanation if we evaluate it as fake, suspicious, unethical, or potentially illegal. We are friendly and open towards all freelancers, but also selective when it comes to avoiding people dealing in any kind of shady business. We therefore also reserve the right to suspend a profile and to terminate any membership, e.g. in case of a malevolent activity or repeated complaints.
- Your membership does not involve any future commitments. After your membership expires, you'll be free to decide whether you want to extend your membership for another period or not. And if you choose not to renew your membership, your profile will be deleted. We are a community of independent professionals, and that’s why we will always respect your freedom of choice ❤